Asking the right questions is critical.
Make sure you're asking these questions before you select an agent to list your home
- What kind of website and social media exposure will you provide?
- Where will my listing be posted?
- How many sites will my listing be syndicated to?
- Will you advertise the open house on all syndicated sites?
- Will you create full color ads for major newspapers?
- How will you publicize an open house for my property?
- Will you go door-to-door to inform neighbors about the open house?
- Do you have a comprehensive, step-by-step marketing plan for selling my property?
- Can you show me examples of the photography and videos you provide?
- How will you work with me to market my home in a presentable and appealing fashion to buyers?
- What specific tactical steps will you take to insure that I am pricing my home correctly?
- What is your role in regard to the home appraisal?
- What is the process for agents submitting offers to you?
- How should we respond if we get unsatisfactory offers, or no offers at all?
- Many agents are hard to reach. What is your availability and response time to answer a question or request?
- How do you draw/attract buyers to match the style and desire to preview my home?
- What will be your ongoing consultation role through completion of the sale – “until the check clears?”
- What happens if the appraisal comes in low?
- What happens if we get two or more offers at a time?
- How will new mortgage rules affect me?
- What can you tell me about what customers are saying regarding the results and reputation of your services?
- What consultation will you provide regarding contingencies and disclosures involving loans, home inspection, termite damage, etc.?
Get the answers to these questions when you use a real estate professional who knows The NEW Rules of Real Estate®.
Request your copy of The NEW Rules of Real Estate®.